We start with a detailed roofing inspection.
Once we have a better understanding of what’s important to you in the roofing process we will do a complete exterior inspection of your roof as we examine the following components;
- Architectural Integrity of shingles. Are they missing granules, worn out, damaged and/or torn?
- Do you have any algae, moss, or lichen growing on your roof?
- Is the roof retaining any moisture or actively leaking?
- Was the roof properly installed originally?
- Do you have any skylights? If so, how old is it and is it leaking?
- Check for proper flashing around the chimney and siding/ transitional walls
- Check for proper ventilation
- Inspect exterior trim for damage and signs of water retention
- Do you need asphalt shingle roof repair?
Once we’ve inspected the exterior we will jump into the attic if accessible and inspect the following areas;
- Check overall condition of wood decking
- Inspect attic intake and exhaust ventilation for proper airflow
- Inspect bathroom vents
- If water stains are discovered is the leak still active?? If so where is the water going behind your walls, into your insulation, perhaps your ceilings?